There’s always something happening in the Greater Pittsburgh area, whether it’s attending a small performance by a local band or a massive festival downtown. The month of June alone will be jam-packed with outdoor concerts, free movies, summer camps for kids, farmers’ markets, art programs, and more!
Experience These Awesome Events This June
Bring out your bucket list and be prepared to check off a lot of boxes. Summer in Pittsburgh will kick off with the Three Rivers Arts Festival, Pittsburgh Jazz Festival, and Dancing in the Square, with a ton of other events filling in the weekends between the big festivals. What are you eager to try this summer? We’d love to hear about it!
Dance the Night Away Downtown
Strap on your best shoes and venture to Downtown Pittsburgh for an unforgettable summer night. Swing your hips to the music while enjoying a late-night Happy Hour at Salsa Fridays, or learn some new steps during free classes at Dancing in the Square.
Dancing Events in Downtown Pittsburgh:
- Dancing in the Square — Fridays @ 5 PM – 7 PM | Market Square
- Salsa Fridays — Fridays @ 10 PM – 1:30 AM | Cabaret at Theater Square
Find Fresh Food at Local Farmers’ Markets
Pittsburghers know that the best way to shop for groceries is to take a trip to the farmers’ market. Living in Pittsburgh, you have so many great options to choose from! Listen to local musicians like Debbi Pace & Friends and The Weathered Road while shopping at the Main Street Farmers’ Market in Washington, buy everything from local honey to fresh-cut flowers at the Market Square Farmers’ Market, and support local farmers at one of the Citiparks Farmers’ Markets located throughout the city.
And great news for Canonsburg residents: The Canonsburg Farmers’ Market is back! It was last held in the early 2000s, but it is back on a regular basis starting May 5 this year.
Some of the many Farmers’ Markets in Greater Pittsburgh include:
- Moon Township Farmers’ Market — Wednesdays @ 3 PM – 6 PM | Municipal Building, Moon Township, PA
- Market Street Farmers’ Market — Thursdays @ 10 AM – 2 PM | Market Square, Downtown Pittsburgh
- Main Street Farmers’ Market — Thursdays @ 3 PM – 6 PM | 139 S. Main Street, Washington, PA
- Canonsburg Farmers’ Market — Fridays @ 3:30 PM – 7 PM | 148 W. Pike Street, Canonsburg, PA
- Citipark Farmers’ Market, Squirrel Hill — Sundays @ 9 AM – 1 PM | Beacon/Bartlett parking lot, Pittsburgh
Savor Local Arts, Culture, and Entertainment
Pittsburgh is known for its arts and culture, and this June, you can enjoy some of the best festivals the city has to offer! In just a few days, Three Rivers Arts Festival kicks off with one-of-a-kind exhibitions, artists’ markets, creative activities for kids, and performances by talented musicians. Not long after the Three Rivers Arts Festival ends, you can celebrate jazz culture with phenomenal musicians during the weekend-long Pittsburgh Jazz Festival, where more than 140 performers will take the stage.
If watching a film is your favorite thing to do, Phipps Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is hosting a screening of A Will for the Woods as part of its Environmental Film Series this June.
Cultural Festivals in Greater Pittsburgh:
- Three Rivers Arts Festival — Friday, June 2 – Sunday, June 11 | Downtown Pittsburgh
- Environmental Film Series — Friday, June 16 @ 7 PM – 9 PM | Phipps Conservatory, Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh Jazz Festival — Friday, June 16 – Sunday, June 18 | Cultural District, Downtown Pittsburgh
Enjoy Amazing Concerts from the Front Row
We can’t forget about all the amazing artists coming to Pittsburgh to perform! While you can catch a band performing at a local farmers’ market or at the Three Rivers Arts Festival, you don’t want to miss all the concert series happening in the area. Be sure you don’t miss the free Allegheny County Summer Concert Series, which will take place every weekend in June at two different amphitheaters: one in South Park Township and the other in Allison Park.
Concert Series in Greater Pittsburgh:
- Allegheny County Summer Concert Series — Fridays at South Park Amphitheater, Sundays at Hartwood Acres Park Amphitheater
- Summer Fridays at The Frick — Fridays starting June 23 @ 6:30 PM | The Frick Art Museum, Pittsburgh
- Station Square Jam — Fridays starting June 24 @ 7:30 PM | Station Square, Pittsburgh
Eager to Live Close to All the Fun?
Pittsburgh is an amazing city filled with year-round fun. If you’ve been dreaming about living here, we can help you find the perfect home! Customize your home search, learn about popular condos and patio home developments, or check out our home buying resources. Feel free to call us at 724-344-4795 to talk about your plans!